What brought both of those things about was the disintegration of my relationship with my boyfriend. The novel became a sort of open letter to him about why it was in the universe’s best interest that we get back together, and at the same time it was a sort of weapon of mass emotional destruction aimed, rather angrily, at his heart. It was written out of order, so I had the ending done even when I had only about half of the total manuscript done, and near the halfway mark he asked to get back together, and suddenly it no longer seemed appropriate to seek to bring him to permanent tears by means of a national publication.
- thingsidontunderstandand likes this
- heterosapien likes this
- thegoddamnbrucewayne likes this
- countcenci likes this
- matthewgallaway likes this
- skibinskipedia likes this
- beenthinking likes this
- meaghano said: We should all aspire to bring someone to Permanent Tears.
- melissa reblogged this from mcnallyjackson
- mcnallyjackson posted this